Saturday, July 24, 2010

Southwestern Food?

My "Enchilada", complete with, Mango BBQ sauce?
Last night Alan swept me out to Gecko's, a "Southwestern" food joint in Canton.  I had a hard time finding said Southwestern food on the menu, but I suppose, just like in the southwest, you have to offer everything with green chili, no matter the cuisine, here you have to have crab with everything.  The problem was that there was no chili to be found.  I don't know what I was expecting.  I knew we weren't going to have New Mexican food, but what came was quite the shock.  We both ordered enchiladas, but got burritos.  Don't let that red sauce smothering everything fool you, it was sweet, BBQ-y type sauce.  Good, but unexpected.
Alan's "Enchilada", required a lot of hot sauce.
Alan's came with a healthy dose of mangoes, which were killer.  We also had calamari for an appetizer that came with what I would describe as sweet and sour sauce.  I had a couple of margaritas that were decent.  I would definitely go again, now that I am prepared for what I am getting.  Could someone get some chili out here ASAP?

Click here for the full album

No comments:

Post a Comment