Friday, August 20, 2010

Restaurant Week!



The most delicious week of the summer in Baltimore, this year running August 13-22, and from what I understand there are usually a few other weeks the pop up in the fall and spring.  During restaurant week patrons get to enjoy a three-course dinner from special prix-fixed menus for just $35.10.  This is probably a little more than you would spend on a single course at many of the restaurants, but if you choose wisely, you get a fantastic deal. 
We chose Blue Grass, a pretty high-end Bourbon bar that has only a rotating menu, just a block down the street.  It is so close that I have considered asking the valets to park my car for the entire night.  The only think that stays the same around here, aside from wine and cornbread, is the natural beauty of the staff.  I've never seen a male server, but I might not pay attention when you have a woman that bares striking resemblance to Famke Jansen waiting on you.  And not just by their looks, but their knowledge of the food and their pleasant attitudes, do the waitstaff here only add to the atmosphere.
Our Menu Options (click here for the full album):

I started with the scallop ceviche.
Second course:  Watermelon salad and chilled corn bisque.
Alan's third course, the hanger streak and roasted potatoes.
I had the Rockfish with sweet corn flan.
I started out with cucumber gin martini.It was the prefect refreshment for our outside seats. 

No comments:

Post a Comment