Saturday, June 19, 2010

Wireless Hot Spots, Hot or Not?

So In my quest to get unwired in B'more, I first started thinking about getting an air card.  Then I realized that I am way to progressive for an air card, or 3G for that matter.  I am thinking about getting a mobile hotspot.  I am a little concerned about 5GB of data usage (considering it is 5 cents per MB for overage) but for $50 for the gadget, plus $60 a month for service of up to 5 devices (Lappy, Wii, Droid, TV, Desktop) it seems worth it to me.  Plus, I got screwed by Qwest when we couldn't take our DSL from them on the road.  With a MiFi, I'll just transport it with me.   I am thinking about keeping up this cutting-edge technology trend.  So the big questions are:  Get a MiFi connection device or a new Viao (built in MiFi)? And, can I exist on the 5 GB of data usage?

No comments:

Post a Comment