Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Orioles Game 1 Photos

Last night was my first Orioles games... I studied to learn how to spell "oriole" and my best learning aid was when I started talking about changing the name to areolas.   The O's lost, so let's focus on the stadium.
Buck came to B'more for the game.  We walked from the house and it took about 15 minutes.  So in the same amount of time I can get from our house in Gallup to the Pub, I can get to Camden Yards.

From what I gather we really only have two good players.  Adam Jones (left) and Nick Markakis (right).  Migeul Tejada has returned to the O's and has chosen his batting song to be queued to "I'm not as good as I once was".  Funny, but, after going 0-3 at bat last night, maybe, let's pick a new one.
The bullpens are located above an ivy wall and are tiered over the top of each other.  Police watch over everything here.

I have definitely seen more people at an Isotopes or Mustangs game.  I'm not sure if they even paid for the lights with the crowd last night.  On the positive end of things, this is pretty nice shot, considering it is from the Droid.

The best part of Camden Yards is that there is this old factory in front of the actual stadium that is now used as the Birds' front office, ticket office, stores, and restaurants.  Alan and Buck told me that before the stadium was there none of the buildings around it existed.  The one design flaw is that you have to cross over 3 sets of railroad tracks (the same ones that pass by our place) to get into the stadium.  Seems like an invitation for some Butchie to get hit.

1 comment:

  1. I want to go to a Ravens game when I visit!!! Hmmm, that now means I have to visit during the late summer or fall months...JH

    ReplyDelete