Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Cleansed

It stormed for the first time today since we have been in Baltimore.  It rained when we first got here, but there is something different about a storm.  It seems to have a real cleansing effect.  In New Mexico, that meant that all the dust and dirt settled for about an hour, and you got that awesome smell of rain in the desert.  Here it is the same, and I remember this from Houston too.  It just seems to make everything seem clean for a while.  Of, course the results are oppressive humidity.
Top 5 things I saw today that I wish I had a picture of:
1. My neighbor, who up to know was a mystery, but turns out is pretty f'ing hot.
2. A guy riding a bike with a hockey helmet and half shield on (those things are hot in the winter, how one could wear it in the summer is beyond me.)
3.  A row house (mid-block) getting gutted from the inside with no other houses being disturbed.  Actually I might go grab a shot of this one this afternoon.
2.  Butchie and Cheryl
1.  The ridiculously over-priced clams (6) I had that came with a teaspoon of orzo and avocado mouse.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see the picture of destruction!! JH

    ReplyDelete