Thursday, May 5, 2011

Things That (Sigh) Will Never Be East

I just spent my first vacation since moving to Baltimore at home, in Montana.  And it was abundant with things that just will always be home, always be West, always be my favorite things in life.
I landed to a beautiful late April Montana snowstorm, which meant that the upcoming ski trip would be fantastic, and was a much-needed break from what had already become summer in Maryland.  I was on the edge of my seat the whole flight in, a landing can never come soon enough.
In deed, the trip was set for a great turn.  Big Sky had one of the best closing weekends ever.  On top of an already 120 inch base, we were treated to foot after foot of fresh powder each morning, making for sore legs, perfect hot-tubbing conditions, and the necessity for lots of drinks.

And things that are uniquely Montana?  Well here are some pics from the Big Sky Pond Skim.  Click here for the full album.

No comments:

Post a Comment