Tuesday, February 15, 2011

What Are You Going to Do?

That was the theme of the Teach For America 20th Anniversary Alumni Summit in DC this weekend.  So, before I know what to do, I really need to reflect on the good times with old and new friends, the ideas that drove me to join TFA almost a decade ago, the work that was done before me, the work that continues, and the ideas that are still a part of the original mission, that "One day, all children in this nation will have the opportunity to attain an excellent education."

Thanks for a great time TFA... you are my second family.

Let's start with Wendy.  You've come a long way, baby.  Way to up the public speaking!



Question of the day on Sunday:  Who were your three favorite speakers?

1.  Michael Johnston--Never, have I ever been so enthralled with a speech about a state law being passed.



2. Joel Klein


3. I was really torn on this one. I love Jeremy Beard... love him. However, I have seen him speak at countless Summer Institute events, and a new person blew me away, Ms. Camika Royal.

Reflections: Camika Royal (Baltimore '99) from TFA 20th Anniversary Summit on Vimeo.

I have a highlights video on the way.  Until then... here are some of the pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment