Wednesday, December 29, 2010

She Bangs!

I am trying to figure out when I went from having a new hairstyle every 6 weeks to the same one for 8 years.  I have decided it was one of these options:

1.  When my mother stopped paying for haircuts every six weeks
2.  When I no longer lived with women who would do my hair for me
3.  When I moved to a place where the only person I could find to cut my hair was a guy who once professed to me, "I don't even like hair.  I'd rather do facials."

It was probably number 3, which resigned me to two hair cuts a year when I would go home to Montana for visits.  Yeah, I said it... I had to wait to get out of my rural town to the big city, fashion capital of the Central Plains, Billings, Montana.
So today I decided to go get a cut.  It took a while to randomly select a salon.  For a brief moment I was almost on my way to Mee'Lee'Sa's House of Weaves and Multicultural Salon, but settled on Prive.   when I walked into Prive Salon at Silo Point (maybe the rural name made me feel comforted), I explained all of the above to Lisa.  She took one look and said, "So you want to do something new?"

Now, I have tried 8 or 9 times to cut my long hair, and every stylist has talked me out of it.  Lisa talked me into some bangs and said, if you like it, just come back, and we'll cut the rest off.  I like Lisa.  She is my kinda stylist.  But, I am accepting opinions.  Tell me what you think about Lisa.  Keep her, or dump her.  I did my best to emulate a real/sultry before and after:


1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ha! Love it. Perfect before and after. You are too funny. So you and much more rock and roll and less hippie. I think you should keep up the hair experiments! I remember when your hair was a different cut or color every few weeks.

    ReplyDelete